Wednesday, March 28, 2012

+ 1000 Miles Later, "Good Evening Alejandro."

ZOOOOM! 

Hmmm, where do I start...  

Let me start by saying, this driving experience is one for the record. With well over 20 years driving, some flying and boating, I can say there is nothing like driving an 'Electric' car.  Wait a minute, "A Pure Electric Car!" (Laughing with a sinister smirk)

In today's chronicle, I'd like to share a few things I've picked up over the last three weeks.
  
-I have been able to achieve 110 miles to the full charge. (mixture of highway and city)
-Driving 70MPH or less conserves energy use.
-Driving in windy conditions will use more energy.
-Driving on cold days (50 degrees or below) will use more energy.
-Cruise control does fairly well with energy conservation.
-Regenerative braking is so cool.  It really doesn't matter to me if it works or NOT!  Say it with me, "Regenerative Braking!"  LOL
-Even in an Electric Car, BMW remains a 'Chick' magnet... (Hehe)
--->And I heard from all ages, that car is soo cool!
-Reminder to men and women who are 6' or greater.  This is a short base model and so will the i3.  
--->I have to retract your arm to use the iDrive controller.
--->Same applies when reaching for the door handle to unlock the door.

Some good learnings indeed...  Hey!  Have you ever wondered, what would it be like inside the ActiveE while you pull off and begin your electric mobility?  Well, ask no more.  Here's a sample.  Tell me what you think. 

                   Pleased to have reached the 1000+ mile club.

2 comments:

  1. 1000 Miles, ActiveE, BMW ActiveE is always my first cars .its my dream cars .Rocking and classy designed BMW ActiveE Car Seats comfortable, enjoyable experience its realy Feels like Heaven.
    Thank You sharing

    BMW auto service

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. The ActiveE is smooth like a 7 Series.

    ReplyDelete